About PRO YOUTH
What is Pro Youth?
Pro Youth is a sport employability project, aimed at giving young people opportunities to develop leadership skills and work experience through sport.
What type of work experience can I get?
You can choose from these main pathways:
- Team Management
- University Pathways
- Research and Development
- Semi-Pro Athlete
- Other (if you have an interest that isn’t listed, email us to discuss more options)
Who can sign up?
Our target age is 14 – 21 years of age, but we will accept interest from young adults, up to 30 years of age.
How does it work?
Pick a path.
1. Complete 20 sessions of work experience and mentoring.
2. Receive a certificate.
3. Be interviewed for a paid position!
4. Get paid to do what you love.
What support will I receive?
- You will be assigned a tutor, who will support you to build knowledge and skills in your chosen pathway.
- You will receive mentoring to help you set goals and work towards them.
- You will receive employability workshops to help you build a professional CV, to practice your interview skills and to learn more about the professional world.
Get work experience as a referee. Practice during our games and gain an FA level 1 certificate after completing your work experience.
Get work experience as a coach. Practice during our training sessions by assisting our coaches and gain an FA level 1 certificate after completing your work experience.
Are you a people person wanting to improve your leadership skills? Become a team manager. Make sure the players are always on the game!
Have a taste of the university experience. Attend lectures, shadow researchers in sport science labs, receive tutoring in scientific writing and get support for your UCAS application.
Receive training from professional coaches and take part in tournaments.
ARCA offers a range of other work experience and youth leadership opportunities, from teaching English to running